Today, Public Affairs (PA) is much more of an integral part of Public Relations, ranging from contact with politicians to establishing a continuous dialogue with stakeholders and much more besides.
Political processes between stakeholders and politicians have an increasing impact on business conditions and the opportunity to act in the market. Moreover, today it is possible for individual interest groups or stakeholders to quickly, and with great strength, influence the creation of public opinion about a company, either through the traditional media or via social media.
Frontpage PA and stakeholder contact facilitates e.g.:
- Mapping and analysis of key stakeholders and the development of their opinions;
- Analysis of political risks and the assessment of possible business consequences;
- Establishing dialogue with all interest groups, experts and other stakeholders;
- Ongoing monitoring of either general or industry-specific issues and regular contact with key stakeholders;
- Political trends – analysis of how they will affect the company’s strategy in both the short- and long-term;
- Surveys, i.e. used for specific industry topics, CSR politics, etc.